Friday, October 14, 2011

She went in the potty!

For the first time, she asked to go potty and then actually peed!

After a big poop, it was time for her bath. So in she went, got all soapy and then suddenly looks at me and says "potty" while pointing to it. I said "do you want to go potty?" she says "yes" and tries to climb out of the tub.

I'm amazed and say, "really?" she's trying to get out with a mission.

So I grab her soaking wet and put her on the potty. She sits, smiles at me and starts to pee. She looks VERY serious about it. When she's done, she declines toilet paper but I wipe her anyway and then pop her back into the tub.

I was so proud, I was nearly moved to tears. I of course was emphatic about telling her how proud I was. Then ran out of the bathroom and called her papa. He was equally thrilled and let her know on speakerphone. She was clearly delighted we were so happy.

I'm surprised that I cared so much. Honestly, I still have my doubts this is the fast lane to potty trained but I think we're at least on the on ramp.

Whee!

No comments:

Post a Comment