Tuesday, December 27, 2011

I have a baby, too.

A few days ago a pregnant friend was over and as she's ready to give birth any day, she's got quite a pronounced belly. When we were saying goodbye, I decided to tell Carolina that the woman has a baby inside. She seemed to take this in stride and eventually wanted to know if the baby can come out and "play with Carolina."

Fast forward to today, she's playing in the garden with other kids and comes up to me. Pushes out her belly, points to it and says, "I have baby." I explain, no just a lot of food in her belly. She says again, "No, I have baby, too." I relent. Ok, is all I say.

She repeats this later while in the tub. And then decides she really just has a lot of good in her belly.

This is too funny. I'm hoping that she delays a bit on starting to ask when her brother can play with her as I AM CERTAIN she will be terribly disappointed there are endless-to-her months left AND THEN it's going to be a newborn, not a 2 year old who comes home.

Ah, well. I did open the can of worms...

No comments:

Post a Comment