Monday, October 22, 2012

Otherwise.

While my daughter takes a much needed nap (because some kid at school got her so sick she's got an ear infection and diarrhea needing antibiotics), and the baby entertains himself in his walker, intermittently throwing up and having a runny nose, I should share with you the latest in the Carolina Talks saga.

She uses "otherwise" often. I've figured it out, finally, that most of the time she means "because", but sometimes she really does mean "otherwise". So, enjoy the most recent examples that had me giggling:

1. I really like that pen, otherwise it's my favorite
2. When it is snowing, I will be proud. (Why will you be proud, Carolina? Don't you mean "happy"?) No, otherwise, I will be proud. I  always like it when it snows.
3. I always like you baby (said to Ismaelito) (Really? You always like your brother? Why is that?) Otherwise he's my brodduh. (aka Brother)

Yup, that's my girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment