Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Sitting up on his own

The baby has been sitting up by himself more and more.

It really started over the weekend where he would hold himself up for a minute or more if put him on his butt. He can do it now for several minutes with limited or no balancing help. And when we do help him, we're very gingerly holding his hand or just putting a hand on his leg to give him more reassurance than actual support. It's impressive and fun!

Bath time has turned into more of a play time between the kids since he's upright the entire time. He plays with a ducky and Carolina plays with her paintbrush and cup. Basically using the water as her paint.

The baby has been getting better at putting himself to sleep at night. Tonight in fact, as I was holding him after I fed him, he was nodding off but wasn't falling asleep. I got the sense he was waiting for me to leave, so I walked over to the crib and put him down while he was awake. He got settled into his corner, his favorite spot, and then took a deep breath. I haven't heard a peep since.

Now, he's not sleeping through the night or doing anything amazing, but these small steps are progress in the right direction. Of which, I'm proud and grateful, and mostly relieved.

At the moment, Carolina is in her "ja-mamas" and "doing drawings" with her papa on the couch. It'll be bedtime for her in a minute and then dinner for us. I'm glad. We made brownies this afternoon and I WANT SOME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment