Tuesday, August 26, 2014

The beach and a family trip

We took the kids to the beach last week. They were well behaved and traveled the three hours in the car very well.

 I'm always pleasantly surprised how they can go so long with limited entertainment from us. Now, of course, Mel takes a nap but usually that's only about an hour and only while we're at full speed on the highway. If there's traffic and we have to stop or slow down, he's likely to wake up.

They stayed up until about 9pm each night and Mel was able to handle it best. My little Carolina is, as from day one, unable to adjust to disappointment while tired. 

She didn't nap at all this summer but clearly could use a nap. I didn't force her but tried at the beginning to encourage it. I gave up after a few days because there's no nap in kindergarten, so I didn't see the point in encouraging it over the summer. She is, however, always crying and whining when she doesn't get what she wants. She improved a small amount but she does drive me up a wall with it. I try to remember she needs a hug in those moments but it's taxing. 

They both felt very comfortable at the beach and had a lot of fun. The following weekend we went to Maryland to visit the family. The kids really liked playing with their cousins. It was good to see everyone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment