Thursday, October 9, 2014

The truth about what they eat

This Times article inspired this rant. 

From The New York Times:
What if You Just Hate Making Dinner?
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/12/magazine/what-if-you-just-hate-making-dinner.html

You know, I actually do like to cook. I like to cook for my husband, and me. My kids? Who are picky and finicky? I like to rotate them on a them-approved cycle of food THEY WILL EAT WITHOUT CRYING. It is the same weekly. It is frustrating, and embarrassing at family functions where everyone eats everything and so do their kids, or so the adults say. But no. I wish defrosting Them-approved food was easier. If Carolina would just eat something with potato, if Ismael would just eat pizza, I could defrost to my heart's content knowing they won't be "malnutritioned" and I've got something to serve other than the same 4-5 things: toast with margarine, toast with peanut butter, chicken nuggets, fish sticks, pasta with butter, beef tenderloin (only for Carolina), pizza (only Carolina), and a very limited smattering of fruit and veg. 

But that's how it is. 

I go with no crying in lieu of exciting. 

I'm exhausted now just thinking about this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment