Friday, June 26, 2015

Potty training a three year old: Day 3

I didn't go into their room the first noise I heard and missed the first pee of the day. He had JUST peed in his diaper. 

So he wasn't ready for a second time until we were having an early celebratory dinner at a local diner after school. (Today's C's last day of kindergarten!)

I brought the portable baby potty, since a big potty is completely out of the question for Mr. Nervous, but he was too scared. We had to wait until we got home (quickly!) to try again. After much crying and "I'm scared!!!!" He finally burst into peeing. It went everywhere but it was easy enough to clean up. 

I'm waiting until he's in bed to wash the mountain of clothes, some with pee, waiting for me. 

There's clearly a poop brewing. So another hour or so for today's sessions to sit around waiting for him to do that. 

Tomorrow I'm waking up earlier and getting in there at the VERY first breath o I hear. I'm not missing it again!!

In other news, I was cleaning out the big diaper bag and trying to tell if it's good enough to give away or should be thrown away. It had some sand from last year's trip to Vallarta stuck to the hand sanitizer flip top. Clearly, I didn't clean it out after the trip, I haven't used it much afterward, and it should be thrown away!!

After two kids, six years, and countless diapers, it's being retired to the diaper bag depot in the sky. Also known as the landfill. 

No comments:

Post a Comment