Saturday, January 9, 2010

First swim lesson... Success!

Today was Carolina's first swim lesson at the local Y. I hurt my neck last night so I couldn't do the lesson with her and ismael went in the pool instead. I stood by and watched. We nearly didn't go since she had been up
since 7.30am and the class was at 10.30am. Prime first nap time. But at Ismael's decision, we went. She was so content to be in the pool. Same as when we took her into the family pool in Celaya. Our little water baby enjoyed her half hour class and didn't cry or fuss on the way home even though she was clearly tired. And then slept Like a champ afterward for her first nap of the day. Awesome.

We weren't allowed to take any photos but I snapped a blurry one before I found out I wasn't allowed.

She had to wear a swim cap. It's huge on her. Basically covers her eyes if you put it on to cover all her hair (see photo). But it's required of ALL people (bald, baby, or long hair) if you swim at the YMCA. Ridiculous but true.

And as usual, she was the smallest one in the group even though she wasn't the youngest. She's a whip smart shortie. For realz ;)

we will be going to a museum soon to see how she does there.

Just 2 days ago her newest friend, Chloe Chae, was born. A very beautiful little baby with a sweet personality. We are looking forward to them meeting. Ismael, Jee and I went to see her and her parents at the hospital. It's nice to welcome another foodie to the group of friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment