Saturday, March 6, 2010

Solid foods and formula

At first I was sad that I was so easily replaced by a bottle of formula during the night. Now, a few days later I'm glad. I wish she'd not wake up three times a night but she takes 5-6oz each so I know she's hungry. I still am doing my best to stuff her with calories during the day and dream of the might she sleeps through for 11 or 12 hours.

In the meantime, I'm grateful that she loves spending time with Ismael. I did some manhattan errands today while he took her home from swim class where she promptly fell asleep for a 2.5 hr nap. She didn't nap much at my parents place yesterday nor this morning so I'm glad she was able to finally rest. She still needs to go to sleep at about 6pm but with this new bottle feeding going so well, I get to hang out with some friends tomorrow night and not be tethered at home waiting for her to wake up and need me.

She started to grind her little teeth yesterday. I think she's doing it because her teeth and gums hurt. She has three more top, front teeth just about to come down. When I take her to the 9mo checkup on Monday I'll ask about that and her eczema on her arms that still hasn't quite gone away.

Is taking a nap at 6pm a good idea or not? Carolina's mom and dad are about to find out! Yes, seriously

No comments:

Post a Comment