Monday, June 28, 2010

Naps in transition

Since the first weekend in June, she's started to perodically take only one nap a day. When it's one, it's never at the same time or for the same amount. And from all the yawning and eye rubbing once she's up, I can assure you it's not restful enough. However she plays and smiles and might need to go to sleep 1/2 hr early.

The only consistent thing about one nap days is that we are doing something she's interested in staying up for, and usually, there are more people around. The last 3 days, the first of which was checkup/shots day, she's only done one nap. Saturday was pool day at grandpa's and then yesterday, I guess, Papa watching world cup matches was it.

This morning I was prepared for another long morning and when she started to whine after Papa left for work, I took her to her room with the bottle and chupon. Figured she'd get full and relax and then maybe more playing. Nope. Fell right asleep.

So I've stopped making plans with Carolina and started to get her a sitter if I need to go somewhere. This way she can nap, or not, and I can still do my stuff. I'm very glad she likes Hannah and let's her put her to nap. When Hannah gets a full time job and/or leaves for grad school, I'll have to get another sitter. We have one now but she's not always available as she is already in grad school.

Anyway. It's nap time and with it being 90 degrees and humid, I should rest up before we head out there for a few errands. And sweat. A lot.

Oh, we finally got a few independent steps on video. Still not walking alone much but the odd one or two steps happen like every other day.

No comments:

Post a Comment