Wednesday, September 22, 2010

No no no, whining and lids

The past 2-3 weeks have been introduced with new words/sounds and a proliferation of her saying "nu nu nu" for "No no no". I believe I say No as often as Good Girl and Yes, but this is the No age. And No shows up more often than before since she's more active and dexterous than before.

She loves things with lids that she can twist (sort of) or snap (better)!!

There's also been a big uptick in whining, tantrums and requests for having the chupon.

Again, I think it's the stage. Becoming more aware of the world, getting anxious and also wanting her desires and preferences heeded.

I find it equally trying and fascinating. Mostly tolerable and enjoyable.

Going to the park every afternoon when school is out shows me that the whining, screaming and wanting only gets more. The park is transformed into a raucous screaming-fest after about 2.30 when the local grammar school lets out. Good lord it gets loud!!

She also insists at time in holding her own spoon to try to pick up things or feed herself. Mostly makes a mess but I play along when I'm up to it.

Finally, totally obsessed with Dora. Some days all she wants to do is watch telly. I understand, I sometimes feel that way too. I know I said it before but her sitting in her chair so nicely and pointing for Do Do is just cute.

And saying (her version of) quack quack when I say Ducky is super endearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment