Thursday, September 16, 2010

Smart doings...

Just the other day at the park, Carolina decided that she wanted to go under the jungle gym -- like the big kids. But since it's not very tall (the above part) from walking under, she did something smart. She ducked her head down and put her hands above her head. This way she was able to tell when she'd hit her head on something and avoid it. I was duly impressed. Especially after I went under there to follow her (to make sure she didn't get hurt) and, of course, scraped my mid-back against a beam as I was about to come out from under there.

Mommy is too tall to be under there and didn't have the wherewithal, like the baby, to put her hands up to avoid injury.

She also figured out how to sit down, turn over and slide down the slide on her own. I helped her to practice but she's quite good at it now.

I think she's pretty clever, but I would, I'm her mother.

We had a pretty loud thunderstorm this evening. Scared the bejesus out of the baby. For the first time she has enough awareness of her world to hear a loud noise like that and be scared. So for the duration of the storm, we were mostly in the kitchen. She had the chupon in her mouth and was holding on tightly to me, with her head nuzzled in my neck. I kept trying to feed her something, anything, since it was dinner time but she wasn't having any of it.

My telling her it was nothing to be afraid of, just a noise. I even tried to show her the storm but the windows were all fogged up and covered in rain -- and once the lightning struck outside, she just wasn't feeling better about it. So back into the kitchen where there's no view and we just waited.

Gratefully the storm went almost as quickly as it came and I was able to convince her to eat some when it got quiet AND take a bath.

Dinner, bath, Dora, book, bottle, bed. (Minus the book tonight.)

No comments:

Post a Comment