Tuesday, November 23, 2010

She understands it's Elmo

During lunch today I called my mom for a brief chat and had her on speaker so Miss C could say hi to "ga-mah".

My mom was talking to her and then asked, "Do you know who is here? Do you know who is here with me? It's the little red guy."

I had zero idea who the little red guy was since I knew it wasn't Clifford. So as I'm thinking to myself about who it could be, Carolina says, "El-moh" and then smiled.

I was shocked. Not only did she know my mom meant Elmo but she said it!

Now, she's been saying Elmo for many weeks but it was the comprehension and ability to answer that struck me. I was impressed. I'm sure this is pretty normal for a nearly 18-month old but I'm still impressed.

Also, as of yesterday she's taken to picking up a phone (real or her musical cellphone) and saying "Hellooo". Very similar to the way I answer the phone.

Very funny and very cool.

Life and communication in our house is about to change in a big way.

Very cool indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment