Thursday, November 11, 2010

Toddlers don't have a chance against Zombies

I've thought about this for a long while now and figured I'd write it down. I'm sure most people, let alone parents will think I'm nuts but here goes...

The reason you never see toddlers in zombie movies is because:
  • They always start having a tantrum at the worst possible time to make any noise
  • They talk almost constantly when awake
  • They nap at the least convenient time for escaping
  • They need to eat a lot but only when they want, and are so picky they'd just end up starving while on the run
  • They start talking to strangers or screaming when one approaches. Either way, their little feet aren't quick enough to escape zombies.
So, the reason is, they'd never make it.

I mean, in a zombie chase do you think the single, adult male would have a better chance of escaping or the toddler who might try to make friends and/or just a lot of noise to attract the hive.

I think my toddler might survive, if I start to spike her milk AND have a constant rotation of Dora videos on hand. And a chupon (pacifier).  And blueberries. But still, the making noise thing at the wrong time would totally come up.

There ends my thoughts on toddlers and zombies.

Really, don't ask why. 


Back to reality, Miss C has been enjoying cupcakes and has been a very good girl the past few days. She's mostly good but the past 3-4 days has been a long streak. I think as long as we can go outside to the park or a playgroup at the local library (which I refer to as "baby chaos at the library"), things are better. That, and my willingness to give her what she wants to eat. Really, my willingness to figure out what she wants to eat. I wish she could tell me more, that would help. I think.

PS I've been reading Trevor Corson's Secret Life of Lobsters. I like it but I really liked The Story of Sushi much better. Mostly because I don't care much about Lobsters but it's still a good read. I'm nearly done and can't wait to start the next book in my pile which is Through the Language Glass. Truly I should be working on my DM course syllabus, but I haven't. Bad, me.

No comments:

Post a Comment