Thursday, January 6, 2011

Smiling and laughing

The most wonderful thing has started to happen in the past 1-2 weeks; Carolina has begun to have an understanding of when something is funny on her own. I've noticed her watching Frosty and Tinkerbell, even Dora episodes she's seen before, and she smiles (a broad smile) when something funny or cute happens. Like, there's a new layer of understanding that's in her eyes that wasn't there before.

It's really, really cool. I guess as a mom I get to enjoy this new-found understanding as well as the tantrums and whining. I suppose this is what toddler-hood is all about.

A friend of ours recently had a baby girl, another friend had twins (a boy and a girl) and another friend has a baby girl that's going to turn one year old tomorrow. It's a very cool thing to see all these new babies in the world to join the ones that are already here. I just can't believe it's been a year for Chloe.  Time does fly...

Today, when Carolina woke up from her nap I could hear her chatting to herself and shortly after she woke I heard her say, repeatedly and very clearly, "Jee! Hannah! Jee! Hannah!" Jee is a friend of ours who visits to play with Carolina pretty much weekly, and Hannah is our babysitter who comes to sit for Carolina at least once a week. It was very cute and funny to hear her call out for them.

She's had a hard time napping and sleeping this week, on and off, and has been running a high temperature (not a fever) since her two canine teeth are coming in. Red cheeks and all. Poor kid. I'm not sure who will be happier when the rest of the remaining 6 teeth come in by the time she's about 2 years old -- me or Carolina!

No comments:

Post a Comment