Thursday, December 16, 2010

She put herself to sleep at naptime

For many months, she's put herself to sleep at night. Not naptime. At least not with me. Any babysitter, my parents, ismael. They could but I didn't mind humming to her and holding her for a nap. I tried a bunch of times over the past year but she wasn't interested.

She was ready at 4 months and it was going great but that was the week of the ear piercing trauma and i lost it.

Today, twice (since she got up after 45 mins because of a poop), she basically told me to put her in the crib and leave. I was confused and frustrated at first she wouldn't just fall asleep since I knew she was tired. But now I'm proud.

Do I think this change is permanent? No. Will I try it everyday? Yes.

I keep wondering when she will be ready for a big bed. Clearly, like everything else, she will let me know. I know, though, that since I'm thinking this seriously that we are in the realm of possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment