Thursday, December 9, 2010

On the way out the door, she decided to go to work, too!

This morning, while I was just finishing up taking a shower, Papa was putting on his coat and getting ready to leave for work. Miss Carolina gave him his usual kiss goodbye and started to give him a chorus of "Bye-bye" as well. I could hear her saying it, and getting closer and closer to the front door.

She had decided that she wanted to go with him, sans socks and shoes in a short sleeve t-shirt and leggings. She was EXTREMELY disappointed when he carried her back to me, and I stayed in the apartment with her while he left. She was even extra-crying for about 10 minutes.

Note: she's still running a fever from the shots yesterday and is more sensitive than usual.

I figured this must have been going on in her head:
Papa! I'm coming with you! I have a fever, I'm too hot for shoes or socks. Let's go. Quickly, before Mommy realizes we're leaving! I'll keep saying Bye-Bye, pretending its for you but it's really for Mommy. Pick me up! Go, go, go!!

1 comment: