Saturday, January 28, 2012

If you're taking a toddler to a restaurant, be prepared. Even if you've done it before.

So we went to brunch with the McConnell's and I forgot three things:
1. A book
2. Crayons or pencil and some paper
3. To set up expectations with Carolina about behavior and what will happen before we left

She wasn't very well behaved at all. She wasn't really jealous, in fact she loved seeing the baby, but she was all over the place and whiny and didn't eat much of anything.
Granted, we weren't making her the center of attention, so that's to be expected. But in my usual small diaper bag I forgot to put back a book and something to draw with after I cleaned out the bag last month AND forgot to have "the talk" before we left the apartment.

Really, I should have known better, and I do, but I forgot. It wasn't the end of the world awful but, let's just say that it was really good there were only two other people in the restaurant, sitting far from us, who were tolerant of the occasional crying/screaming by our toddler.

How I get her to eat something normal (instead of only ice cream) while we are at a restaurant or at someone else's house, I'm not sure yet. I'll just keep trying. And maybe eventually it'll stick, but for right now, I just gotta go more prepared.

Silly, mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment