Friday, March 22, 2013

Third tooth, better sleep -- happier days

The baby's third tooth broke through today. It's the top, right side lateral incisor. I was expecting one of the front two to come next but his teeth had other ideas.

He's been sleeping MUCH better and longer since he is in his own room. Carolina is still in our room while the antibiotics take effect and until the baby stops getting up before 6am and cries until we go get him. His two naps are still working themselves out. They're happening regularly but the length isn't consistent, so there are days (like today) when he'll wake up well before 2pm and so getting to 6pm is very trying. He is NOT interested in a nap between, so I just do the best we can to keep him entertained, fed and rolling along until it's bedtime.

Ismael has been good about putting the baby into the crib shortly after feeding him his night bottle, and that has made it easier for me to do during nap time. So I don't have to wait, for what feels like forever, until he's totally, completely asleep before putting him down.

Carolina has been having some trying days, too, with being so sick. She really isn't trying to be difficult, so I've been as patient as I can. I feel really badly for her. This ear infection really knocked her out. I think she really likes sleeping in our room but I keep reminding her of her bed and her room and that's where she's going to go back. I'll let her know that her brother needs her and she can sleep with him. She seems to really enjoy the idea of sleeping in a room with other people. I didn't realize until about Christmastime that she would prefer that to being on her own.

Anyway, she finally went to school today (Friday) after a week of being home. SHE WAS READY. And since it was Children's Day, they let the kids wear whatever they wanted (no uniform) and did some special activities. She had a good time. I was glad the day she went back was a special day. She would have been crazy this weekend if she hadn't returned at least one day. I know my monkey; she needs her routine.

Ok, back to the whining parade!

No comments:

Post a Comment