Tuesday, June 28, 2011

First Spanish sentence

In preparation for going to the park today, Carolina decided she MUST have her monkey leash and walk "Mano Mano" with me. Even though she normally is excited to ride in her stroller.

I objected since I had to bring the stroller anyway, knowing full well that she'd tire en route and want a ride. It's tricky getting her, the stroller and holding her hand all down the stairs and outvote building.

But after I said, "but you like the stroller." she cried out and then calmly asked, "Te lo pongo?" which is what ismael says to her when he is going to put something on her. I'll put it on you.

I said, "Wait. What?"

She repeated, "Te lo pongo" as if it was one word.

I was so impressed, we figured out a way she could walk with the monkey, holding my hand, while I pushed the stroller too. And lo, after half a block of walking nicely Mano-Mano, she decided riding in the stroller was better on this very hot day.

Fun!

1 comment: