Thursday, May 21, 2009

yesterday was exciting for no good reason

So after my weekly internal checkup on Tuesday, there was some 'activity' in terms of more, little contractions and the fluids of the red color. This is all expected but a surprise to us since we're new at this. And the following morning there was more fluid and some mucus. So I call the doctor and unless it's accompanied by regular contractions, there's not much to get excited about. Just in case, I didn't do any "work from home" and went shopping. I realized I had been putting off getting a few things that, if we're going to the hospital, I've been told I MUST HAVE.

So off to return some baby gifts that were in the 3 month size. I can't tell you the number of 3 month old clothes we have. She will simply not be this size for long enough to wear all of it, so I returned some to get credit and buy whatever she needs once she's here and I know how big she actually is. Or save it for next year's purchases.

I then realized I needed at least one nursing bra, and never got those newborn undershirts with the side snaps that I am supposed to have since she'll still have her umbilical cord when she first gets home.

And while at the baby store, of course I saw other things that I thought I should get.

So 4 hours later, I called my husband to join him for lunch. I then went off to the drugstore to get some baby shampoo. I really wonder what I absolutely need, but at least I have the 'hospital bag' all set.

My lovely friend in FL sent me a bag of toiletries so i wouldn't have to buy everything. But it's at my parents home and i have no idea when I'm getting that and thinking that this baby could come any day now, I didn't want to wait. So I guess I'll have duplicates.

My lovely mother-in-law was so concerned that I might pop, she even offered to come up from Mexico to be with us until the baby comes. Which could be another 3-4 weeks. She's concerned that I'm at home alone. She doesn't believe I should carry things. If she had any idea how much stuff I've been bringing home from the office and going shopping, and just general commuting, I think she'd be surprised and tell me to stop doing it. But you know, I don't carry more than I can comfortably and my husband helps me a lot. She wanted to be there to help me get a cab and carry the hospital bag. She makes me laugh; I think it'll be okay. If I was her, I can't think of anything more boring than hanging around our apartment with me waiting for the baby to come. Especially since I'm still working, even though I'm at home.

So, it amounted to nothing. A day's worth of random contractions and fluids.

I think it was the fact that I am already 2cm dilated that made either of us think anything was going to happen.

I still wonder what it'll be like to have a Gemini in the house, especially with a cusp Aries and Leo.

And today, Tiny Dancer must not like the fact I've been sitting down so much since she's been moving around a lot more than she was the past 2 days when I was doing errands. She really does prefer that I'm mobile and active. Me too...

No comments:

Post a Comment