Friday, August 7, 2009

Testing public transportation and baby carrier

The past few weeks I've been going outside with her at least once a day in her Baby Ergo. I'm much happier as a "kangaroo mom" than stroller. And now that I know how to load her in it, she likes it too. The trees and a light breeze are her favorite. Sometimes if she hasn't gotten enough, she will hear me use my keys to get into the building and starts to make unhappy piggy noises or cry out. When she hears the keys to the apartment locks then we have full on screaming of unhappiness. I usually return too soon when it's super hot and humid and I can't handle it. Tough noogies, kid.

The past few days I've been "training" her on the bus and subway. So she takes it's smells and noises and movements as normal. The train is sometimes still too loud and the bus sometimes too cold but overall it's been successful. As long as she has her chupon, just in case, then almost all is right with the world. :)

I waited to say it as good news until she had a few more trips under her belt since I didn't want to jinx it nor have the first success be a fluke. Also I'm only taking her from home to Queensboro Plaza and then back. Round trip about 20-30 minutes. Still not in to Manhattan. I don't want to over do it.

Tomorrow we are meting up with the Allen family in Central Park. We will be taking the bus and Carolina will get to meet Lilly. Should be good. I'm getting mentally ready to do that trip again. Might bring an emergency bottle but plan to BF in public. I just need to do it and get used to it.

Wish us luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment