Wednesday, August 5, 2009

We have a roll over

We really need to buy that crib now. The mattress pad thing in the pack n play has been distorted by putting on a too tight and bulky padded sheet. My mother insisted the baby would be uncomfortable with just a thin cotton sheet. Now after two months of regular, daily use the four sections of the mattress/pad are different thicknesses and don't lie flat.

Not my mother's fault but I'm tired and want someone else to bear this responsibility. Ah never mind.

So the middle two slat pad things are flatter than the ones on the sides. It's very obvious which ones we favored when we put her down.

So I put her on one of the edge ones this morning and she's rolled over on to her belly. Mostly because it's not flat/even, not that she has mastered rolling. Nope. Not yet.

But her lying with her nose so close to the sheet means that: A. I can't nap while I spend every other minute checking she is still breathing, because B. She is finally sleeping soundly. After a night of "up every hour and a half". Which was after a day of "I'm not going to tell you why I'm screaming. I'm just going to scream in what will appear to be random intervals and sound much like I'm in excruciating pain. And then I'll stop for a few moments or minutes. Then do it again. You won't have any idea why. You, too, will be overtired and cry. But there will be only two intervals of 30 minutes each when I'll sleep. I won't tell you when. It'll just happen. Then it will take you almost three hours for me to fall asleep for the night, since I'm WAY over tired by now. And when I do. I will only sleep for about two hours. But you won't know that. So you'll vainly hope it's for three or four hours. But nope! And i don't like that new formula or the other one. I don't care I've sucked you dry (well nearly dry) today. I want boob juice. (2hours later...) ok I'll take the formula from dad since he is letting mommy sleep for an hour in the other room. Good night! See you in an hour!"

yes. That was our day.

A friend of mine said that "colicky" is a bullshit term. It should be "terrorist." I don't know if this is colic or what. But I like the idea she could be another baby terrorist. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment