Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Heat, hot water and gas included

When my parents babysit, she sleeps a lit and often and then won't sleep that night. My dad is totally convinced it's because they keep her in the living room where the A/C is and keep it dark. I think the dark part, during the day, is creepy. And still unsure if she gets THAT hot but we moved her crib thing into the living room today as a test.

After her immunization shot (what fun) this morning, she came home and slept for nearly 2 hours before I woke her up. Then she was kind of cranky on and off for about 3 hours... The pain in her leg kept coming back. And now she is sleeping. Sang saved the day by going to the drugstore for an emergency run on infant Tylenol. She was too inconsolable for me to take her out. Thank god he was around and willing. Phew!!

I'm nervous to leave her in the living room. Afraid I won't hear her until she's really crying. And that she might get too cold. All fixable things. It's just that she's usually about an arm's reach away. I am clearly more anxious about this change than she is. I still have to pinch myself and say I'm someone's mom. It is still a weird concept. Although for a few, brief months it was totally weird I had a husband and was someone's wife, and giggled every time I referred to him as "my husband". But I got used to that pretty quick.

I think the only true reason her sleeping in the living room will be a problem is that it us the living room. It's the middle of all the rooms and gives us no chance to be awake without her. So we may need to get a smaller A/C unit for her room and just move her in there.

I've been thinking a lot about playing the piano. Wherever we live next, i'd like to get an upright and play for her. We were listening to some classical music today and then a "swinging martini" mix from iTunes. She really digs the smooth music. I'm wondering if we should give her to Howard for an afternoon. He's got some reall chill music at his place.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you played the piano.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FrOm age 6 until 18/19 I played. Primarily classical and never properly learned my chords.

    ReplyDelete