Thursday, July 2, 2009

I heart the pediatrician and Mrs Dunstan

So yesterday we went to the pediatrician to have him look at her baby acne and talk about her increasing spitting up. The dr's suggestion of interrupting her feeding after she's taken about one ounce has helped tremendously. We give her a chance to burp or at least digest. She has been eating less but also crying and fussing/uncomfortable much less too. She weighed in at 8lb 8oz yesterday. I said, so that's why she has such chunky folds in her neck and legs and the diaper is a bit more snug. Over a pound gained in a little over a week. My little chunky monkey was over eating a bit.

Then today the Dunstan DVD arrived. I watched the first lesson. While watching with her in my hands she started to do the Eh word. Brilliant. You need to burp. So instead of bouncing her I burped her upright over my hand. Excellent. She then calmed down. Gave her a quick diaper change. No screaming again. Burped again after more Eh and now she's sleeping on my shoulder. There was the Owh word too which is tired. I'm still not sure how to help her fall asleep except to shhhh quietly and smoothly in her ear but at least I know how to identify the sound. Hooray for such a brilliant purchase! God bless amazon's iPhone app. Now I can buy things one handed and quickly. My husband is so pleased.

1 comment:

  1. The ability to purchase things, via iphone while baby is asleep in the other arm...that sounds dangerous.

    ReplyDelete