Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Daily question I ask myself

I'm a bit dizzy from exhaustion and very hungry. It's about midday and she's finally stopped screaming from gas pains. I may have five minutes or an hour but I also need to pee. She's not tired enough to put down yet do you:
a. Start to make some food to eat
b. Pee
c. Sleep
d. Keep doing whatever it is that is keeping her quiet until she's falls asleep
e. Finish cleaning up, since that was started already when she began to scream

the answer is whatever you choose is wrong and right. You'll never get to all of them alone. The challenge is how to be okay with this when you are used to being able to do many things at once and very well. And it's hard since you often can only pick one of the above and sometimes have to wait an hour or two before you can do the next thing. Depending on how fussy she gets.

PS this ikea ad is awesome: http://www.frederiksamuel.com/blog/2009/05/ikea-assembly-service.html

1 comment:

  1. I think you first should do "B" then "A" then "D" and then "C". I can always help you with "E" when I get home.

    Happy Anniversary Amor!

    ReplyDelete