Monday, June 8, 2009

Carolina the Musical

Just like a puppet master, Carolina has us reacting to her every command. Or like a magician with her wand: now you! Clean my diaper! Now you, feed me. Now you, make me burp more. Now you! Try to swaddle me. I don't like it, when my hands aren't free. Go ahead. Just try it. I'll fight you. And I will win!

Imagine that all sung is a sweet staccato voice. She is hilarious.

We finally got the right bath time. After the 6am feeding, burp her a little. And when she is groggy but not asleep again, start the bath routine.

Bath tips from abuela:
1. Undress her but leave on the diaper.
2. Wrap her in a soft, dry towel.
3. Wash herhair at the sink with warm running water from the tap
4. Pat dry head
5. Fill up bath tub with warm water.
6. Take off towel and diaper and holding her so she is face down, quickly and purposely was her back and nether regions.
7. Turn her over and put in tub. Quickly wash her front side.
8. Make sure not soapy and hand over to get dried. We do it on the bed and a little massage through the towel
9. Lotion if necessary
9b. Quickly clean behind the ears and inside ear folds (NOT inside ear) with a damp Qtip
10. Diaper
11. Clothes
12. Swaddle

Usually now she's more awake and we walk he around to see outside and then soon after some gentle back rubbing and humming she is back to sleep.

As long as the water is warm enough and she's groggy enough we can get through all steps without crying. Phew!

Hooray for bath time tips from abuela.

2 comments:

  1. My friend Somesh would also like to add "Massage her joints with oil! Babies LOVE it!" (He knows nothing about children, but knows all that baby massage stuff from his mom back home... too funny learning baby massage and yoga from a confirmed bachelor/playa'!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. He is right, too. She likes baby exercises AND massage. But it's been so cold I haven't had a chance to try it with oil or lotion. She sometimes gets cold when I just change her diaper!

    ReplyDelete