Monday, June 15, 2009

Two week checkup

So she got weighed and measured. They probably didn't measure her well in the hospital since she is now 20" and it's unlikely she grew two inches in two weeks. But she did gain all her weight back and then some. She is now 7lbs and 4oz! For all the feeding agro, she still got enough. Coming from an Italian family, I couldn't let my girl go hungry!

Last night was another 3-4 hour cranky-being-up-but-sleepy-and-not-really-crying session. She wakes herself up. Not sure if it's gas since she often doesn't burp or fart but needs us to keep "burping" her. And since I hardly eat any dairy. It's tough to know what is bothering her. So I'm cutting out all cheese and everything for two days to see if that makes a difference. The dr said it's possible she's still on in utero time. When she was up at night and slept during the day. I know for a fact she didn't sleep all during the day since I'd get kicked during meetings. And she had no problem reminding me to relax when I'd get stressed at work by giving me that I'm-stressed-out feeling in my belly. I knew I'd look back at work and realize I was stressing for nothing but when you are in the moment, at least for me, it's hard to break from it.

Anyway. She really enjoyed the car ride to the city to see the dr and was resting while I got in and out of the car to return things to shops in the UES near the dr's office.

I should probably wake her now and do some exercises. I really want her to sleep tonight!

Ugh... Here we go...


6pm: it's official. After more than 4 days of this, 4/5pm is the witching hour. She gets fussy. Needs the pacifier and won't sleep in her basinet. Needs to be held and continues to wake herself up in random intervals. Well at least now I can prepare for it since I have the time identified. Ha! Just watch. She'll change it all up on me tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment