Monday, June 22, 2009

Less sleep more hugs

So she is sleeping in smaller increments (like an hour or less) then needs to be fed but not for very long. Then we have two options. Option one is easy: go right back to sleep. Not much good for decent mommy napping but easy. Option two is: require constant touching and in particular being upright and being raised up and down. Like she is jumping in place if she could do it herself. Then fall asleep on me. And when I put her down she wakes up within 5-10 minutes. Oakland mommy blogger must be right. She us going through a growth spurt. I can't think of any other reason. She's like a teenage boy going through a growth spurt. But with fewer pimples.

And she is starting to fit properly in her newborn size pants. So less Ed Grimley and more MC Hammer these days. God I love her but she's driving me a little batty with the less sleep. I just keep reminding myself one day she will sleep. Then I have to worry about where she is crawling and trying to walk. So I am carefully picking my battles in my mind.

There should be a gift/food service for new parents. Gift baskets with a good balance of snacks and fruit and drinks.Enough for a week. If I was rich, I would buy for myself and all my friends who make babies, a two week order for a personal chef. I know the service exists in this city, lord knows I can't afford it. And the gift/food delivery should include daily messages for the mom. Tailored if she is breastfeeding or not. And letting her know she's going through it like everyone else. Ooh, and a small parcel of just-for-mommy breastfeeding helpers: nipple cream, hydro pads, nipple shells, nipple pads (for leakage), mothers milk tea, Tylenol, and a daily random-time call telling her she's doing great even if she feels otherwise.

And if anyone has advice on getting her not to hate baby vitamins. My god. You should see her face. I put it with water and trick her into taking a little all day. I also keep wondering if I can brush her teeth with a finger brush thing. Her little tongue is like permanently looking like it's covered in milk! LOL

1 comment:

  1. **riiiingggg**

    "michele, you are doing GREAT! I can tell you are already a pro. At least you got the lingo down." :)

    Can I come cook you guys dinner next weekend when I get back from texas?

    ReplyDelete