Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Worrying about the environment and then I saw this

I placed another order with diapers.com and received it today. I got more diapers (Pampers Swaddlers, god yes they are disposable. I'm such a hypocrite.), a case of baby wipes (love the eco-friendly Nature Babycare ones from Sweden), a case of Seventh Generation dish soap (yes, a case. Hey it was on sale), Method baby lotion, and Method hand soap refill thingy. The site was having a sale, so I got some things.

Having a newborn, and not knowing when it's a great idea to change her vs. wait , means that we go through a lot of diapers. Like 10 or so a day... so I'm looking forward to when she is over 10lbs and can fit into the G-diapers that are biodegradable. Anyway, so I'm feeling guilty everytime I'm not out-of-my-mind exhausted and look in the diaper pail.

...and then I saw this: http://www.chasing-fireflies.com/prodinfo.asp?number=25178

I now am reminded that we are:
A. not rich
B. not ridiculous or ostentatious
C. not wasteful as I had feared

Seriously... that is not a bed. THAT is a $5,000 experience!

PS God bless my husband who stayed up with her last night from 7pm-1am so i could sleep those hours. And graciously she slept for 3 hours this afternoon. Let us rejoice for the little things!!

No comments:

Post a Comment