Tuesday, June 30, 2009

It's all in the translation

My mom bought me a baby sign language book. In there it talks briefly about the Dunstan system and already we are doing better understanding this Tiny Dancer. Just knowing the sound for gas vs burp has helped. So of course I went online and bought the DVDs and book to know more about this Dunstan stuff. I figure if I can understand what she is telling me, I'll be more relaxed and she will have her needs met with less frustration. It's here or for a bit less on Amazon: https://www.dunstanbabyorders.com/order/us/orderform.asp

I find myself buying things I never even thought of. Of course I think it's all necessary. I'm buying what I think will make the next two years easier, now, while we can. I still don't believe we are going to be bad off but I at least have to go through the motions of preparing for it just in case.

I can't see paying someone else to take care of my kid when I'll be paying nearly my salary to do it. So once she starts to sleep a little more consistently I'll start writing again. Maybe someone will want to pay me for it, too! Ha!

Anyway the past two nights have been graciously simple. Go to sleep about 8/9pm, wake up 1-2 hrs later, eat, maybe change diaper, back to sleep. Repeat until 5.30/6.00am when it's time to "wake up" for the day and she eats, bath/diaper change, burp, play and then back to sleep about 8/9am. The daytime is totally hit or miss. If she sleeps it is no more than an hour at a time punctuated by eating immediately upon waking.

From Monday:
It was a very long day. If Kimesha hadn't come  
that early I don't think we would have seen her either. It was nice  
she was here since we took a walk and went to the supermarket. So  
Kimesha walked her stroller up and down the aisles whole we picked  
food as quickly as possible :)

Carolina slept almost all of Saturday while my parents babysat and let  
us go on a date for our three year anniversary. But then, predictably,  
she didn't sleep much that night or the next day. Like she was  
boycotting naps or sleeping. She has this new trick of only sleeping  
like an hour and then needing to eat. That may or may not be followed  
by an hour of hiccups or general restlessness.

Hiccups always means we are up for at least an hour more even if the  
hiccups stop after a few minutes. And hiccups are usually after 7pm.  
Weird.

Last night, gratefully, she got up four times to eat and then  
immediately back to sleep. So I could sleep some. And her diapers  
weren't too messy.

No comments:

Post a Comment