Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The witching hour

So daily it starts about 4pm and can last until 8pm but usually ends closer to 6/7. She wakes up, eats, is JUST about to fall asleep at about 4.40/4.45 and then doesn't. The whiney cry starts. She is on and off consolable. She needs to be held. Likes to be fed more. And requires changing positions and lots of burping time. So today I stopped all dairy and gave her mylicon at the first utterance of whining. It made it a bit better. I even got to make rice and quick chicken in between crying fits. This does mean no visitors "after work" since when she goes down at about 7.30/8, so do I.

Funnily enough she was really great today from 5.30am through 4pm. But then it was the witching hour. ;) I know we just need to suffer through this for a few more weeks. And she could be colicky, which she is definitely not. So I am grateful. I do miss cooking and being able to read or watch TV for more than 15minutes on the long side. Good thing she is cure and smells nice :)

We went for our first walk together in her car seat stroller. It was monumental since I had to get her in and out of our building (many steps and doors). And it took me 20+ minutes of her crying to get her IN the seat. After she calmed down, she basically fell asleep for the 15min walk. I was exhausted and sore. So I'll have to build up strength before we can get all the way to the park and back. Ah well, small steps...

1 comment:

  1. I had to stop dairy too. I'm not sure how much effect it really had but I felt a little more in control. I started eating cheese & yogurt again (I found out that there's hardly any lactose in cheese and yogurt), but I'm all soy, rice, or almond milk now.

    ReplyDelete