Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Teaching mommy about schedules

So I was thinking that she was already set in her every-3-hour schedule. Wake up, eat, burp, change, go back to sleep. Easy peasy. Well, as of yesterday my one day of a 'perfect schedule' was dashed when she was giving me, what I thought was, hungry face and cry and we struggled for an hour and a half with her being fussy. Eventually, abuela perez stepped in and figured out that it was gas, not hungry face and cry. So she walked her around the apartment, burping her, and eventually calming her down. I couldn't walk around, so maybe the change of scenery that abuela was able to give her helped a little too?

Either way, today is similar. More gas. She's eating pretty fast and seems to insist on latching on so she makes these gulping noises, which I'm assuming means she's taking in air. So at least it's a little easier to recognize gas face from hungry face. Surprisingly very similar mount movements but it's the cry that's a little different. Hungry is desperate and urgent, gas/air is more whiney though similarly intense at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment